Iberet Folic -500 is used for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and concomitant folic acid deficiency.
• Controlled-Release Iron with Vitamin C and B-Complex including folic acid.
• 525mg Ferrous Sulphate (105 elemental Iron) to replenish iron store.
• 500mg Vitamin C to increase iron absorption.
• Vitamin B Complex to help your body to utilize energy through metabolism of carbohydrate, protein & fat.
• 800mcg Folic Acid to help reduce risk of neural tube defects and to help produce normal red blood cells & prevent anemia.
• Gradumet technology to improve iron absorption and reduce stomach irritation.
Iberet Folic 500 is
administered orally and may be taken on empty stomach, adults and
pregnant woman who require treatment of iron and folic acid deficiency,
the recommended dose is 1 tablet daily or according to the doctor's
directions. Do not chew or crush tablet, swallow whole.
1. Folic acid alone is improper therapy in the treatment of
pernicious anemia and other megaloblastic anemias where vitamin B12 is
2.Where anemia exists, its nature should be established and
underlying causes determined. Folic acid especially in doses above 0.1
mg daily may obscure pernicious anemia, in that hematologic remission
may occur while neurological manifestations remain progressive.
Concomitant parenteral therapy with vitamin B12 may be necessary in
patients with deficiency of vitamin B12. Pernicious anemia is rare in
women of childbearing of age, and the likelihood of its occurrence along
with pregnancy is reduced by the impairment of fertility associated
with vitamin B12 deficiency.
3. In older patients and those with conditions tending to lead to
vitamin B12 depletion, serum B12 levels should be regularly assessed
during treatment with Iberet Folic-500. - Do not exceed the recommended
dose. - There is the possibility of dark faeces. - Do not give to
patients, who received repeated blood transfusion or non-iron deficiency
anemia. - Long term usage may cause iron accumulation